About The Course
Informatica PowerCenter Course will introduce the participants to work with the PowerCenter 9.X. Developers can use Informatica to create, execute, as well as administer, monitor and schedule ETL processes and understand how these are used in data mining operations. The course will also cover Installation & Configuration of Informatica PowerCenter 9.X and basic Administration Activities. Participants will also get to implement one project towards the end of the course.
Who should go for this course?
The following professionals can go for this course:
1. Data Analytics professionals
2. Data warehouse Professionals
3. BI/ETL Professionals
4. Mainframe developers and Architects
5. Any other professional who are looking to move to data warehouse and data analytics domain.
Check out the demo session –
After the completion of the Informatica course, you will be able to:
1. Understand and identify different Informatica Products
2. Describe Informatica PowerCenter architecture & its different components
3. Use PowerCenter 9.x components to build Mappings, Tasks, Workflows
4. Describe the basic and advanced features functionalities of PowerCenter 9.X transformations
5. Understand Workflow Task and job handling
6. Describe Mapping Parameter and Variables
7. Perform debugging, troubleshooting, error handling and recovery
8. Learn to calculate cache requirement and implement session cache
9. Execute performance tuning and Optimization
10. Recognize and explain the functionalities of the Repository Manager tool.
11. Identify how to handle services in the Administration Console
12. Understand techniques of SCD, XML Processing, Partitioning, Constraint-based loading and Incremental Aggregation
13. Gain insight on ETL best practices using Informatica
There is no prerequisite for this course as such because we start from the very beginning, but having prior knowledge of SQL and basic Unix is preferable.